How to measure your mattress
AllergyZone Encasings are available in sizes to fit most mattresses. Be sure to measure your mattress before ordering to assure a proper fit. Conventional mattress sizes for Width (W) and Length (L) include:
- Twin: 39" x 75"
- Long Twin: 39" x 80"
- Full: 54" x 75"
- Queen: 60" x 80"
- King: 78" x 80"
- CA King: 72" x 84"
Mattress Height (H) = Encasing Depth
The sizes shown above are fairly common. The biggest difference will be in the mattress height. Many mattresses are made with a pillow top, or some sort of topper, which adds to the overall height of the mattress. Be sure to measure the full height of the mattress. The encasing depth must fit the total height of the mattress plus pillow top or topper.
Measuring your mattress:
- Place a hard edge ruler at the lower seam of the mattress.
- Measure to the highest point of the mattress.
- Include the full height of the pillow top, foam topper, mattress pad (if pad is placed inside encasing, as recommended) or other mattress topper.
- Order your encasing to fit the full height of the mattress and topper. If in doubt, order a deeper size to ensure fit.
- Do not press on the top of the mattress while measuring, this can reduce the height measurement.
Always double check your measurement for accuracy.
- For assistance, contact AllergyZone, 8:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. ET, Monday – Friday
- Email: CustService@AllergyZone.com
- Toll free: 800.704.2111